The Outside Sales Representative is responsible for establishing and maintaining profitable relationships with customers on behalf of the company and for actively prospecting new accounts and maximizing sales potential with existing customers. Because you will be in contact with current and prospective customers and you are in a key position to influence their satisfaction and our company prosperity, this position requires tact, sensitivity, and professionalism.
• Identify prospects, customers, and referral sources and develop/maintain relationships to ensure attainment of company business goals. Support efforts to consistently grow base of referral sources by telephone canvassing, face to face cold calling, direct mail, email and networking..
• Actively manage short and long term leads from vendors and referral sources to qualify prospects and advance them through the sales process.
• Uses the CRM to input and retrieve customer information, submit call reports, check stock status information and the status of purchase orders, and to notify inside sales to make changes on customer purchase orders/quotes. Ensure that correct codes are used for retrieving and inputting information.
• Effectively present and discuss the products and services of our vendor(s) and/or Ramco Innovations, soliciting only those desired projects and/or sales of product that prove profitable. All the while doing so in a way that conveys an image of quality, integrity and superior understanding of customer needs.
• Participate in company and vendor training programs; increasing your product knowledge and improved technical selling skills.
• Demonstrate ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees.
• Develop and implement a territory sales action plan based on the assigned goals and objectives.
• Adhere to all company policies, procedures, and business ethics codes and ensure that they are communicated and implemented within the sales team.
Qualification and Requirements:
•High school diploma or GED
•Education at the college level preferred or 2 years of related sales experience
•Self-motivated, results-oriented, organized, energetic, and capable of staying cool under pressure from multiple ongoing projects
•Read and comprehend Basic English. Must have legible handwriting, Typing and data entry skills
•Demonstrate effective written, verbal and communication skills
•Able to perform basic mathematical skills as related to business use
•Ability to use Microsoft, Excel, Word, and Gmail.
•Confident in making presentations or facilitating meetings to small or large groups
•Understand general customer service philosophies
•Resolve customer issues in a timely manner through gathering appropriate information, analyze, and communicate solution(s)
•Driven by commitment to succeed through aligning work priorities with strategic goals and opportunities
•Strives to continuously build sales knowledge and skills
•Must successfully pass the Pre-employment Assessment Evaluation, Sales Professional Assessment Inventory.
•Must be able to travel within sales territory 70% of the time while home most nights
•Must possess a valid state motor vehicle operator’s license and maintain an approved motor vehicle record (MVR)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
•Variable work environment: Work is conducted both indoors in an industrial setting and outside with varying environmental conditions
•Up to several hours per day may be spent operating a motor vehicle
•Appearance at all times must represent the company image.
•Occasional lifting of up to 50lbs.
•Exposure to the environment of customer facilities which usually requires wearing safety glasses, ear plugs and possibly a hardhat.
•Office may have fluorescent lighting and air conditioning.
•Work under typical office conditions, and the noise level is moderately quiet.
•Fast-paced environment: subject to numerous schedule and priority changes and short notice activity
•Occasional travel to Corporate office for training or meetings
•Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus.
Ramco will be a place where passionate employees collaborate and commit to providing our clients with excellent automation solutions. We will be a consultant and partner to our clients by putting them first, bringing value to their organization, and customizing our service to their needs. We will deliver value-based solutions by utilizing premier products and the knowledge and expertise of our employees. We will stay on the cutting-edge of technology and educate our clients. We will define excellence as an automation solutions provider.